Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Penny Saved...

Last Saturday, I got to attend the "A Penny Saved Mini Conference" at my church.  Two of my friends, Renee Furlow and Tracy Lake, shared their knowledge of saving money through couponing and household cleaning and food mixes that can be made for pennies on the dollar.  I even got to speak about the different ways you can save money over time by using various pieces of Tupperware instead of disposable bags and containers.  For a nominal price, the event even included a delicious baked potato bar and salad for lunch.  As their teaching style allowed lots of input from those of us in the class, we were all able to learn tips and tricks from each other. 

Tracy presented us each with folders containing a multitude of couponing basics and tips.  I learned so much I hadn't realized before about price matching and even how to tell if a coupon can be doubled or not.  Although I had to leave early to attend my daughter's dance team performance, I'm told that Renee had some awesome ideas for homemade mixes in the style of Hamburger Helper as well as homemade cleaning supplies that really work.  I've heard that her recipe for homemade laundry detergent that smells good and last for a year was absolutely awesome! 

Renee and Tracy are considering teaching this mini workshop at other locations within reasonable travel distance from Southern Illinois.  ( Well, for now anyway...maybe they could eventually be persuaded to travel farther.)  Please let me know at couponstocupcakes@gmail.com if you are interested in booking them and I will pass the message on to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment