Thursday, May 16, 2013

Grape Tomatoes, Eggplant, and English Cucumbers...

Kroger has a 10 for $10 sale through this Saturday that makes many things only $1 each.  I was very happy to find the grape tomatoes included in the sale as they are normally at least twice that amount.  Since I am what I refer to as a "tomato snob," I prefer only to eat ones picked in season or full of flavor.  During winter and other non-producing months, I tend to get the grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, or Campari tomatoes.  These don't seem as tasteless and mealy to me as some of the hothouse ones out there. I'm debating getting another box to make  and freeze ahead some sofrito...

English cucumbers and eggplants are also includes in the sale.  My son loves cucumbers as much as my daughter loves tomatoes, so this made both kids happy--and healthy.  The eggplant is for me to experiment a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment