Thursday, May 16, 2013

Check for Produce Clearance

Our local Kroger stores have started a clearance rack in produce.  Granted, these are things that are near the end of their shelf life.  However, if you are using them quickly or freezing them, you can save quite a bit.  I routinely check for peppers as these can be quite pricey.  When I find a bag of three red or orange peppers for 99 cents, they often go into the shopping cart.  If I'm not using them in salsa fresca or something else, I freeze them to use later in fajitas, stir fry, or whatever the need may be.  Sometimes I can find a small bag of the little red potatoes for 99 cents or bananas for 39 cents.  Onions are a no brainer, and so are citrus fruits if the peel is still in good enough shape to zest.  

Besides produce on clearance, the Kroger stores in my area also have clearance carts for bakery goods and non-perishables.  If you are fortunate enough to have a coupon that matches something on clearance, you can save even more!  

No comments:

Post a Comment