Monday, May 20, 2013

Budget Stretcher

When you are getting groceries, keep on mind that some things are often cheaper at Sam's Club.  Not all things are cheaper, but there are some good values.  It does require a membership or guest pass to shop there.  I've found that I do actually save enough throughout the year for the membership to be worthwhile.  

One of the best values I've found has been potatoes.  Today, I paid $2.45 for a 10 pound bag.  There are a lot of ways to use potatoes--regular mashed, cheddar smashed, garlic & Parmesan smashed, roasted with herbs, potato soup, stews, veggie soups, and on and on and on...

Some of the other groceries that often seem to be a good value at Sam's Club are limes, bags of garlic, milk, heavy whipping cream, some spices, and some meats.  I tend to look for the orange tags that say "reduced for quick sale."  

I don't have a Plus Membership, but I did notice that some packages of meat were an extra $3 off right now with that type of membership.  

No comments:

Post a Comment